Whether you’re celebrating the upcoming 4th of July vacation or gathering with family and friends for a summer time get-together, lovely drinks can take a summer time get together to the subsequent degree! Today, I’m sharing a recipe for a summer time mocktail that may simply be upgraded to a cocktail if you want. You can go all patriotic with it by sticking with purple, white, and blue colours, or you will get your beachy vibes on by upgrading to one thing with extra vibrant colours.
This summer time mocktail is greatest enjoyed in fancy glasses, even when it’s served sans booze. Not solely will it make your festivities really feel extra particular, however it’s going to make you’re feeling extra particular too! Take it up a notch or two by including in some contemporary herbs. They’re not solely wonderful on your body, however they’ll make your glass prettier as nicely!
Happy 4th of July to my fellow Americans! I hope y’all get pleasure from this summer time mocktail (or cocktail) recipe from my kitchen to yours!
Celebration Summer Mocktail (Cocktail)
Yields 4 6-ounce glasses
- 18-ounces of glowing water
- 6-ounces juice or do-it-yourself syrup of your selection (use gin or different clear alcohol for cocktails)
- 1/2 cup of contemporary fruit
- Herbs for garnish
- Begin by combining your glowing water and juice (or do-it-yourself syrup) collectively. Stir gently to completely mix, particularly in case you are including syrup to your glowing water.
- Next, chop your contemporary fruit into small chunks and add it to the combination. You may even crush the fruit when you’d just like the flavors to be stronger. For the 4th of July, I wish to go with combined berries in patriotic colours, corresponding to raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, and blueberries. However, if you would like extra of a beachy vibe to your summer time mocktail, swap these out for chopped pineapple, mango, and tangerine for a tropical twist.
- Chill the combination within the fridge for 2-3 hours to verify it’s good and chilly.
- When you’re able to serve it to your company, pour the liquid evenly into every glass. Also, make certain every glass has the identical quantity of fruit! You may have to make use of a spoon to even issues out.
- Now comes the enjoyable half. Grab some contemporary herbs out of your patio or potager that enhances your fruit flavors, and add a small quantity to every glass. Muddle them gently in a mortar for an enhanced taste. Mint is beautiful with berries. Thinly sliced ginger root will make tropical flavors pop. Fresh thyme will assist your peach-flavored drinks rise above the remainder.
I personally wish to skip the glowing water and juice and easily use 24-ounces of flavored do-it-yourself water kefir in my summer time mocktails. Not solely does it give it a little one thing further particular on your company, however it’s actually nice on your intestine health too. If you’re going for a full-on cocktail, I substitute the do-it-yourself water kefir for the glowing water and add the gin to it. It’s scrumptious — simply ask my husband!
So there you’ve gotten it, mates! A lovely, scrumptious summer time mocktail (or cocktail) for all of your celebration wants!
Enjoy, and right here’s to creating summer time memorable.
Love and light-weight,