Today I’m right here to share a Shamrock Shake recipe with you, however not simply any Shamrock Shake, this one is stuffed with probiotics and healthy herbs!
But first, let me let you know why I really like St. Patrick’s Day. All of my years rising up, I did little to acknowledge this vacation apart from sporting inexperienced so I wouldn’t get pinched. I related the day with partying and consuming, which isn’t my factor.
Just a few years in the past I discovered the true life story of St. Patrick by way of the Mystery of History curriculum my girls have been doing. (Read about it here and print out free exercise sheets!)
Did you already know St. Patrick…
- Was from Wales/Scotland and never Ireland.
- Was kidnapped by Irish pirates at age 16 and bought into Irish slavery for 6 years earlier than he escaped and located his method again house.
- Was actually transformed to Christ whereas he was a slave. Here’s his testimony: (*2*)
- Returned again to the pagan nation of Ireland later with a coronary heart full of affection and forgiveness to minister to the individuals who as soon as held him captive.
- Started at the very least 300 church buildings and baptized 120,000 individuals.
- Was in a position to attain many for Christ in Ireland the place different missionaries had failed due to his means to narrate and talk with the Irish as a result of a few years there as a slave.
Now on to the recipe!
Probiotic Shamrock Shake
1 cup milk kefir
1 cup milk of alternative (or extra kefir)
1/2 tsp peppermint extract
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp Moringo leaf powder
2 tbsp honey
1 dropperful vanilla liquid stevia
1 cup loosely packed spinach
- Blend all substances nicely
If you’d somewhat not have small spinach items in your shake (I occur to like them in there!), you possibly can go an additional step and extract the coloring from the spinach to make the shake greener that method. And hey, you’ll nonetheless get some nutrition from spinach water! Also, you possibly can simply go away them out when you’d like. You don’t must have a brilliant inexperienced coloration.
There are only some steps in making spinach puree (inexperienced food coloring). Here goes!
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil.
- Add the specified quantity of spinach (1 cup or so) to the boiling water and permit to simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Drain water
- Add spinach water to the shake till desired coloration is reached.
- You may add among the spinach puree to the shake and it ought to mix higher because it
Enjoy, and Happy St. Patrick’s Day!