In this very second I’m feeling really blessed. I’m working in my new favorite spot which is my lined deck, gazing out onto my backyard. This really idyllic state of affairs is made even higher with the refreshing and pleasant addition of a cool glass of rose petal lemonade.
Another fantastic blessing is the abundance my rose bushes have supplied me with this yr. I’ve been brewing and concocting up a storm due to the plethora of blooms I’ve been capable of collect and accumulate.
If you haven’t seen my video on the magic, delusion and drugs of roses, I extremely advocate you’re taking a peek.
In this video I point out a pleasant creation I dreamed up sooner or later. The link to the recipe for Rose Damiana Cacao Elixir will be discovered right here.
Still blessed with so many blooming roses, I promised my son I’d make him a lemonade for him to get pleasure from. Turns out it’s so really scrumptious and divine that I need to share the recipe with you all!
Rose Petal Lemonade
This recipe will be made utilizing each contemporary or dried rose petals, nevertheless should you do have entry to contemporary I extremely advocate that. Due to the fragile flavour of rose petals I like to recommend a impartial tasting sugar akin to white sugar or natural cane sugar. The flavour of honey or coconut sugar would overwhelm the flavour of the roses fairly simply.
Simple Rose Syrup
- 2 cups of contemporary rose petals (1 cup dried)
- If you might be utilizing dried please guarantee they’re food grade and secure for consumption
- 3 cups of water
- 1 cup of natural cane sugar
- Combine your roses, sugar and cane sugar right into a pot
- Bring to a boil and instantly cut back to a low simmer
- Continue to simmer for roughly 10 minutes
- At this level you’ll discover that the petals will lose their color as that fantastic flavour seeps into the water
- Strain out your easy syrup and permit it to chill
You will certainly have leftover syrup. I discovered the above recipe is sufficient to make two batches of lemonade. Store the additional syrup within the fridge for future lemonades or start to experiment with different drinks!
Rose Petal Lemonade
- 4 cups of water
- 1-1/2 cups of rose petal easy syrup
- 1 cup of lemon juice
- You’ll want about 5 lemons
- 2/3 -1 of a cup of natural cane sugar
- Combine the easy syrup, sugar and lemon juice into a really giant measuring cup or bowl
- Personally I discovered 2/3 of a cup of sugar was sufficient, however should you choose a sweeter drink you possibly can add as much as a cup
- Whisk properly till all the sugar is absorbed
- Top off with 4 cups of water
- This made sufficient to fill two 1 litre mason jars
- Enjoy cool or chilled with ice!
I hope you get pleasure from this rose petal lemonade as a lot as my household did.
If you’re a common reader of this weblog or viewer of Spiraea’s content material on YouTube, I’d be honoured should you took at peek at my Patreon website. Patreon is a crowd-funding website the place people can present their gratitude for the free content material that creators like me produce. My at the moment Patreon family has been so superb and supportive. They are the one purpose I can proceed to place out free video content material on my YouTube channel and write weblog posts proper right here. I’ve immense gratitude for them and could be thrilled should you joined us.